Summer Reading Program
SUMMER READING PROGRAM
MOUNTAIN IRON PUBLIC LIBRARY
2020 DIG DEEPER: READ. INVESTIGATE. DISCOVER
- Stop by the library Monday, June 8th – Thursday, June 11th between 10am – 6pm to collect your book bag, prizes, reading log & activity packet. The bags will be available outside; If you are unable to pick up during the scheduled times, please call the library for an appointment or to make other arrangements. 735 – 8625
- Sign up on the clipboard at the packet pick-up table OR by calling or emailing the library! (We will need each child’s name/ age/ & grade level completed.) 735 – 8625 email@example.com
- Check out the READsquared information in your bag to participate with the online program option. Lots of fun extras with this new feature! http://mtnironreads.readsquared.com/
How to participate:
- Read about 20 minutes every day Monday, June 15th – Friday, July 31st
- Record your minutes on your reading log. 20 minutes = 1 sticker.
- Keep reading throughout the program – whether it’s watching our Facebook “Watch a Book” programs, listening to an ebook, or reading a favorite title. Record your minutes through Friday, July 31st
- Each reading log has 50 sticker spaces. 50 stickers + 20 minutes each…equals 1000 minutes! Let’s see how many you can fill! Turn in your
reading logs (Monday, August 3rd – Thursday, August 6th) for a Summer Reading Program prize.
- For some added fun and prizes, try to complete as many items as possible on the ACTIVITY LOG/ CARD! Logs/ cards (WITH YOUR NAME ON IT) can be turned in to be entered into sweepstakes drawings!
- Monday, August 3rd – Thursday, August 6th will be record collection and PRIZE WEEK! Turn in your Reading Log and Activity Log/ Card at the library. All participants who turn in records will receive a Summer Reading Program prize. The more minutes, the BIGGER the prize!
ON-LINE SUMMER READING PROGRAM
- YOU CAN ALSO RECORD YOUR MINUTES ON-LINE WITH OUR NEW PROGRAM:
READsquared! Our online portal will open on Monday, June 8th: http://mtnironreads.readsquared.com/
- Give us a call if you need assistance or have any questions!
735 – 8625
- You can record minutes on the Reading Log. You can record minutes on-line. It’s your choice. Your minutes will be counted only once, BUT they will be counted!
- So, if you read 100 minutes or 1000 minutes, we are so happy you joined us this summer! Keep up-to-date with the program:
1. Visit our Facebook page (@Mountain Iron Public Library)
2. Visit the City of Mountain Iron website (https://mtniron.com ),
3. Get on our email list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
4. OR call us! 735 – 8625
Anna, Julie, & Anne