Tutor Usage Policy
The Library premises are available for the use of members of the public to meet their needs in accessing information and for quiet enjoyment of library materials and equipment. As part of its educational mission, the Library permits tutoring on the premises in accordance with this policy. The Library does not sponsor, recommend or assume liability or responsibility for the work and/or activities of tutors who use library space. All arrangements must be made between the tutor, student and parents.
- Tutoring sessions are to be held in the lower level small meeting room only.
- Tutoring sessions must be kept as quiet as possible as not to disturb other library patrons or library staff.
- Tutoring sessions will be limited to a maximum of two students per tutor at any given time.
- Library staff is happy to assist tutor teams, just as they assist any other patron.
- Tutors are responsible for establishing communication procedures for their students and the student’s parents. Library phones may not be used to make or cancel appointments. Library staff will not relay messages to tutors or students.
- Children under the age of eight must be under the direct supervision of the tutor until they are released to a parent or a designated responsible adult.
- No exchange of money may take place between the student and tutor in the Library.
- The Library reserves the right to limit tutoring activities if space resources are monopolized or activities interfere with Library operations.
- No tutoring supplies should be left at the Library.
- Library kitchen facilities are not available for tutor or student.
- Library furniture shall not be moved from where it is paced by Library staff.
- Students must bring their own supplies and money to pay for copies.